Taking a stand
Publications, Speeches, Testimony, and Interviews
- Letter to the editor: Columnist recognizes Navy captain’s courage
- Commentary: By sounding alarm about COVID, Navy captain put crew ahead of career
- Zager, S. Interview on How Maine Doctors Determine Medical Exemptions from Childhood Vaccines, Kathleen Jordan, WMTW News (ABC), aired 25 Feb 2020
- Campbell S and Zager S. Thank Maine Delegation for Supporting Public Libraries, Portland Press Herald, 7 Apr 2019.
- Zager S. Testimony in Maine Legislative Committee on Health Coverage, Insurance and Finance Services regarding LD 820, “An Act to prevent discrimination in Public and Private Insurance Coverage of Pregnant Women in Maine, Augusta, 27 March 2019.
- Zager S. Testimony in Maine Legislative Committee on Education and Cultural Affairs regarding LD 798, “An Act to Protect Maine Children and Students from Preventable Diseases by Repealing Certain Exemptions from the Laws Governing Immunization Requirements, Augusta, 13 March 2019.
- Zager, S. Interview on improving Maine’s vaccination rates through LD 798 with Paul Merrill, WMTW News (ABC), aired 13 March 2019.
- Zager, S. Losing ACA pre-existing conditions protections would devastate thousands of Mainers, Portland Press Herald, 19 Feb 2019.
- Zager, S. Remarks at press conference and rally opposing proposed rule changes to Title X reproductive healthcare funding, Maine Family Planning, Augusta, 17 July 2018.
- Zager, S. Medicaid can do so much for Mainers, why does the governor resist expansion?, Portland Press Herald, 27 March 2018.
- Zager, S. Interview on Maine’s Medicaid expansion referendum with Paul Merrill, WMTW News (ABC), aired 3 Nov 2017.
- Zager S. Sen. Susan Collins is again poised to be a crucial vote on healthcare, Portland Press Herald, 23 Sept 2017.
- Zager S. Portland Public Library at 150: Creating Healthy Communities, invited contributor. Portland Public Library, 6 Sept 2017.
- Zager S. Don’t take away health care when the consequences are deadly, Portland Press Herald. 4 July 2017.
- Zager S. Recommendations for LD1108 “An Act to Restore Public Health Nursing Services” work session submitted in response to Chair Hymanson request, Augusta, 26 Apr 2017.
- Zager S. Testimony in Maine Joint Committee on Health and Human Services LD1108, “An Act to Restore Public Health Nursing Services” Augusta, 13 Apr 2017.
- Zager S. Bill to lower age for carrying hidden handgun is foolish and dangerous. Op-Ed, Portland Press Herald. Portland, Maine. 24 March 2017.
- Zager S. Written Testimony in Maine Legislature regarding LD 44, “An Act to Lower the Age Requirement to Carry a Concealed Handgun.” Augusta, 17 March 2017.
- Zager S. Testimony in Congressional Multi-Committee Hearing convened by House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer and Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, pertaining to the Affordable Care Act. U.S. Capitol, Washington DC. 16 March 2017 .
- Zager S, Haskins A, Maland K, Holt C. The Health and Libraries of Public Use Retrospective Study (HeLPURS). Health Information and Libraries Journal 2016 Sept; 33(3): 190-203.
- Cohen-McKeon L and Zager S. Our Carpathia Moment: The Opiate Epidemic. Martin’s Point All-Providers CME (Grand Rounds). 22 Mar 2016.
- Zager S, Interview, “Books, Libraries, and Health” #166 with Dr. Lisa Belisle, Maine Magazine, Love Maine Radio Podcast, aired 14 Nov 2014.
- Zager S. Testimony before Boston City Council advocating public library funding in underprivileged neighborhoods. 3 June 2010.
- Winfrey O. Interview clip about diversity in the military, “Life on an Aircraft Carrier” The Oprah Winfrey Show. Season 16, Episode 25. aired 7 Dec 2001.
- Zager S. America Needs to Live up to its Ideals, Opinion, The Hub, Central NJ. 12 Oct 2001.
Cleaning up politics
As a Certified Clean Elections Candidate in the District 41 race, I encourage everyone to consider making a $5 contribution (five dollars is the limit!). These are contributions to the State of Maine through the Ethics and Elections Commission. Your contribution will help me qualify for additional Clean Election Funding in the general election, provide funding for other Clean Election Candidates, and generally help the state’s clean election system. Thank you!